How I can help you
I help entrepreneurs with business strategy, business plans, business models, and skills and decision making for running and growing your business. If you are an aspiring entrepreneur, I can guide you through the startup stages, especially lean startup. I also conduct workshops on entrepreneurship and business skills.
Before starting my own consulting in 2014, I worked in the defense industry for over 25 years at various levels of leadership. My experience includes strategy and partnerships, program management, technology innovation and executive presentations. I delivered over $10 million R&D and game-changing technology to government and industry. I developed business models, business plans and strategic partnerships for multi-billion dollar business impact. I am experienced in venture/stage-gate funding process; led multiple technologies through productization stages: concept, idea pitching, technology roadmapping, partnerships and stakeholder/customer management with growing levels of funding. I have led cross-disciplinary teams ranging from 2 to 40+ people.
I am also a leadership and strategic planning coach. My technical experience includes: data analytics, business models, business plans, government contracting, project management and earned value management. My other awards and accomplishments include the IEEE Third Millennium Medal, 2 patents, and 40+ technical publications.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Strategy & Planning
- Government & Regulations
- Intellectual Property
- Manufacturing & Product Development
- Business Operations
- Technology & IT Services
- Arts, Entertainment & Recreation
- Technical & Scientific Services
- Professional & Business Services
- University of Pennsylvania - The Wharton School, Executive Education, Strategy and Management, 2010
- Penn State University, Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, 1994
- Penn State University, MS, Electrical Engineering, 1989
- University of Pittsburgh, BS, Electrical Engineering, 1985