Viewing this webinar requires some basic information. This data is only used within SCORE and will not be distributed to any third parties.
Understanding intellectual property (IP) is an important skill for anyone starting or growing a business. Your business name, products, services, and other technical and creative works are usually protected by one or more forms of IP: patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets.
Having a working knowledge of how IP protects the various parts of your business and helps you create and maintain a competitive advantage over your competition is absolutely essential for your long-term success.
Join this webinar presented by Intellectual Property Attorney Kelley Keller, Esq. and learn:
- The difference between the four types of IP: patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets
- What each form of IP protects, how protection is granted, and how long protection lasts
- The rights and responsibilities that come with owning intellectual property
- How IP helps you create a distinct and competitive advantage over competition
- When you should formally protect a piece of intellectual property and the best way to do it